Last modified: February 12, 2020
This Policy describes the types of information We may collect from You or that You may provide when You visit Filterpal’s website (the "Website") and Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information We collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between You and the Website.
- When You interact with Our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Filterpal offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Filterpal or any third party (including Our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand Our policies and practices regarding Your information and how we will treat it. If You do not agree with Our policies and practices do not use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, You agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy 0). Your continued use of the Website after We make changes to the Policy is deemed to be Your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Notice Regarding Age
Our Website is not intended for persons younger than the legal age to enter into a binding agreement with Us. If You believe We might have any information from or about a person younger than the legal age to enter into a binding agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which You may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal information”);
- Financial information that You submit in order to pay for Filterpal® brand pre-filters;
- That is about You but individually does not identify You explicitly, such as Internet protocol address and Your geographic location; and/or
- About Your Internet connection, the equipment You use to access the Website, and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from You when You provide it to us.
- Automatically as You navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, Our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We may collect on or through Our Website may include:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to any services We may provide now or in the future, posting material, or requesting information. We may also ask You for information when You report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of Your correspondence (including email addresses) if You send such correspondence to Us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask You to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions You carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of Your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at Your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom You may choose to share Your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that Your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As You navigate through and interact with the Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about Your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of Your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that You access and use on the Website.
- Information about Your computer and internet connection, including Your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about Your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on how You can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how We respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information We collect automatically may include personal information. It helps Us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service to You, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate Our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about Your preferences, allowing for customization of the Website according to Your individual interests.
- Speed up Your searches.
- Recognize You when You return to the Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing Your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your 0.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and Our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Filterpal, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If You have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, You should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your 0.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that We collect about You or that You provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present Our Website and its contents to You.
- To provide You with information, products, or services that You request from Us. To fulfill any other purpose for which You provide it.
- To provide You with notices about Your account and/or subscription, if offered now or in the future, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between You and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify You about changes to the Website or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- To allow You to participate in interactive features that We may provide now or in the future on the Website.
- In any other way We may describe when You provide the information.
- For any other purpose with Your consent.
We may also use Your information to contact You about Our own or third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to You. If You do not want us to use Your information in this way, send us an email with Your request to email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your 0.
We may use the information We have collected from You to enable Us to display advertisements to Our advertisers' target audiences. Even though We do not disclose Your personal information for these purposes without Your consent, if You click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that You meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Our business.
To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
To third parties to market their products or services to You if You have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your 0.
To fulfill the purpose for which You provide it.
For any other purpose disclosed by Us when You provide the information.
We may also disclose Your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Our customers, third-parties, or Us. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide You with choices regarding the personal information You provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide You with the following control over Your information:
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If You do not want Us to share Your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, You can opt-out by sending Us an email with Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional Offers from Filterpal. If You do not wish to have Your email address and/or contact information used by Us to promote Our own or third parties' products or services, You can opt-out by sending Us an email stating Your request to email@example.com.
If We have sent You a promotional email, You may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Us as a result of a product service purchase or other transaction.
Targeted Advertising. If You do not want Us to use information that We collect or that You provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to Our advertisers' target-audience preferences, You can opt-out by sending us an email stating Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of Your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide You with ways to choose not to have Your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If or when Our Website provides a way for You to establish a user account, You can review and change Your personal information recorded in the user account by logging into the Website and visiting Your user account profile page.
You may also send an email to email@example.com to request Us to correct or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us. We cannot delete Your personal information except by also deleting Your user account, should one exist. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If You delete Your User Contributions from the Website, copies of Your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages held by Us and by third-parties including but not limited to other Website users, web crawlers, an entities that collect and store archival copies of websites. Accordingly, once posted on the Website, Your ability to remove Your User Contributions from the Internet may be limited. We cannot assist you in tracking down and/or deleting copies of Your User Contributions cached and archived by third-parties.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information You provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of Your information also depends on You. Where We have given You (or where You have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, You are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask You not to share Your password with anyone. We urge You to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message
boards should We chose to establish one now or in the future. The information You share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although We do Our best to protect Your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of Your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Notice and Contact Information
19 Floral Road
Flemington, NJ 08822